from Save SF Bay
Community-based Restoration Program Details
* Programs are hosted at beautiful Bayside parks in Hayward, Mill Valley, Oakland, Palo Alto and Redwood City
* Hands-on volunteer habitat restoration projects include: planting native seedlings, removing non-native weeds, transplanting seedlings in our native plant nurseries, and shoreline cleanup
* Learn from our experienced restoration educators about the fascinating wetland ecosystem, Bay history, the future of salt pond restoration, and how you can keep the Bay clean
Save The Bay Program Benefits
* Showcases your group's support of the environment and greater community
* Hands-on volunteer projects at beautiful shoreline parks
* A fun team-building and bonding experience
* You will improve critical wetland habitat that serves as refuge to many species, naturally filters pollution, and combats global warming
* We make it easy for you to organize! We will provide outreach flyers and participant information, and suggest educational themes to meet your group's needs.
Sign up your group today!
Save The Bay's land-based programs are 3-4 hours in length and are available to groups with 10-50 people. If your group has funding, we suggest a tax-deductable donation of $500 for land-based programs.
To learn more about easy and fun ways to make a lasting impact on the Bay and your organization, contact Natalie LaVan at 510.452.9261 x109, or natalie@saveSFbay.org
Join these local organizations and businesses in celebrating and restoring the Bay:
AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES • AOL • AT&T • BAY AREA SEA KAYAKERS • BOY SCOUTS • CISCO • CRISSY FIELD CENTER • eBAY • ENTREPRENEURS FOUNDATION • FARELLA, BRAUN, AND MARTEL LAW FIRM • GAP, INC. • THE GIRL SCOUTS • HANDS ON BAY AREA • HEADLANDS INSTITUTE • HILLSBOROUGH GARDEN CLUB • KAISER PERMANENTE • LEVI STRAUSS • MARRIOTT • THE MARINE SCIENCE INSTITUTE • MAXYGEN • OMNEON • ONE BRICK • ORACLE • PACKARD FOUNDATION • PALO ALTO GARDEN CLUB • PG&E • REI • SUN MICROSYSTEMS •